Yes I am known as an alarmist when it comes to germs; I could easily see myself as a Purell spokesperson. So this should come as no suprise to the masses that I am preparing an H1N1 Kit.
After numberous hurricanes, Rita and Ike specifically, I learned a few valuable lessons on preparation. The most important lesson was the proper papers for your purse; toilet paper is the most necessary! I find myself these days adding and adding to this kit: Tylenol, Motrin, Pedialyte, Gatorade, Lysol, Water, 2 weeks of non-perishable foods, etc, etc. Each day I think of something different that we "might" need. Today I realized I need to make some of my grandma's famous homemade chicken noodle soup for the freezer.
All of this would not be necessary if I could locate the vaccine; I've even considered trying Mexico; it's closer to us than San Antonio (which by the way will never get these vaccines, I am convinced). I am at the point of semi quarantining my child. No trips to the grocery store for her and no trips to any place with crowds of people. I am known as the crazy lady that sprays the grocery cart with lysol before I even touch it.
I have so many questions and I have yet to find any answers. All I can do is pray and continue adding items to my survival kit.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment